Monday, April 21, 2008

Long or short........I need to decide....

Spring is in the air FINALLY here in MN....and often what accompanies spring for me are thoughts of my H-A-I-R! I seem to go through this every year. One day I like it long, then I like it short...then I think perhaps somewhere in the middle....my hair moods are all over the board!

Often, when I decide to do something different with my hair....I regret it later...yet year after year....I keep doing it.

I've gone from this:




to this:




and then to this:


moving on to this:



and finally on to this:


With each hair style....I think I need to do something different. When it's short I want it longer...just long enough so I can pull it back. Then, when it's longer, I have to decided EVERY day...do I want to wear it curly, or straight! Then, there are the issues of using a straightener. Let's just say....I've burned body parts with my straighter...that are NEVER intended to see a hair straightener.....only to have my husband ask me, "what in the world happened to you."

I'm too old for all of this...or, perhaps it's just the looks Ashley gives me! lol

So, this past Friday, I had a free day. Work has been crazy (don't ask)....so my boss decided I deserved a free day....a free day without having to use vacation. Let's just say, I was THRILLED!!

Having a free day I did what anyone would do...I got up at the crack of dawn, and prepared for the first available hair appointment at our salon. Of course, Ash thought I was *NUTS*....her idea of a free day would have been to schedule a hair appointment for the crack of Noon! :-)

My stylist has been SO thrilled with how well I've been growing my hair out. Honestly, it's not easy...especially when I have a pretty little 19 year old telling me one day..your hair looks nice....and then the next day she asks me what in the world did I do to my hair today?

As I climbed into my chair, and my stylist asked, "what are we going to do today?" She was in for a surprise....because I decided the night before ( at 9pm to be exact)to do something different!

I sat anxiously in the chair as I heard the scissors going snip...snip...snip....and I was quickly brought back to my childhood when I BEGGED my Mom to cut my long locks...and as she did, I sat in horror as I watch my LONG locks fall to the floor!

As I watched in fear, that awful feeling began to fill my stomach as my reflection revealed that we were going MUCH shorter than I explained!!!!!!

But......as my stylist was styling my hair....I began to like what I was seeing. The next challenge would be....."what would Ashley think??? Of course, the icing on the cake...was the look on Ashley's face.....when she saw me!!!

Of course, in her kindest....19 year old tone she said, "this style looks much better on you Mom, since you'll be 40 this year!" Bless her little heart! :-)

So..without further ado....here's my new look........are ya ready.....drum roll please..........

Are ya ready???


Are you sure?????


Sorry..you'll have to wait.....our weekend was so busy, I didn't have time to get a photo snapped!!

I promise...I'll get a photo posted...as soon as Ashley and I can cord. our schedules!!!

Now I bet..you are wondering what in the world I did!??? lol

5 comments:

  1. In honor of my boys favorite line I will now use it. That's not fair!! I was waiting with anticipation. Hurry and get a picture posted. hehe
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Augghhh!! I can.not.believe you did this to us!

    Can't wait to see the big reveal. Should I say, "Move that bus!!" or will you just let the real Kim stand up?

    Thanks for a great post and cliffhanger!

    I'll be back for the reveal, friend. I'm the same way when it comes to my hair, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's just wrong. I want to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just very well may be one of the best teaser posts I have read. So eager to see the new do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you little stinker to leave us hanging like that. Now come on post that pic for us my friend. I don't have a week to wait, lol. I bet whatever you did looks wonderful on you. So now post that pic will ya.

    Sending big hugs to ya and a smoochie from Little Abby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Seasons Of My Heart and leaving a comment. Please know that my prayer is that your heart is blessed and encouraged today.