Sunday, December 2, 2018

Our son Andrew's Thank you!

I am incredibly grateful for the enormous love and support that we have been receiving from everyone during this tough time. I continue to lean on the strength of Jesus knowing that my dad is in a better place that is matchless in power and matchless in strength. My dad always lived close to the Lord and I am forever thankful that he taught all of those around him that to love the Lord is the most important thing.

I will definitely miss his love, kindness, gentle heart, wisdom, jokes, smile, hugs and fist bumps, but I have decided to incorporate all of these things about my dad into my own life so that I can be a walking example of my dad until the Lord calls me home one day. 

I also have unbelievable joy knowing that someday again I will see my dad in Heaven. I cannot begin to imagine the things he is seeing right now and I get goosebumps thinking about the incredible presence he gets to reside in forever! He is in a place without any suffering and I know that he will be looking down on each one of us with a smile on his face! 

I will always hold it dear to my heart that before he suffered his heart attack, he was practicing a worship song on his guitar as he is on the worship team. He was praising the lord during his last breath on earth and that alone is a powerful image to cling to in the days, weeks and months to come.

I love you dad, I always will and please know that I am forever in awe of your unrelenting pursuit of Jesus and it has challenged me, even more-so this week, to have the same relationship with Jesus going forward and showing my own children exactly what you showed me. 
Give Jesus a fist bump for me and please remember to shout Go Pack Go every Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Seasons Of My Heart and leaving a comment. Please know that my prayer is that your heart is blessed and encouraged today.