Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In Other Words



“Gentleness is part of being feminine - part of being a woman, and God made us distinctly different from men on purpose!”
~ Melanie Chitwood (Proverbs 31 Ministries)


I’m so thankful that I’m a Woman, and I count it a huge Blessing and Honor to be called a Woman. Part of being a woman, is carrying the attributes of Christ through my words, my actions and my deeds.

Today our society screams at us, be set apart, do your own thing, who cares about your family, climb the corporate ladder. With all of the pressures, and voices that bombard our thinking and our souls, Proverbs 31 is truly a great anchor for me to wrap my soul around.

I’m not saying it’s wrong to have a career; because at this stage in my life I’m working fulltime. But, I do believe that as Christian woman we need to be SO careful with how we handle the power, and prestige we receive in our careers.

My hat goes off to all of the Full-Time, working at home Mom’s, for you truly (in my eye’s) are the examples of what a God loving, God fearing, God honoring Mom is!! May God richly bless you for the many…many…many…sacrifices you are, and will continue to make to provide a home for your family. “For truly, Home is where your story begins.”




I found this here!
and I had to share it with you all:

The Proverbs 31 Woman!!


Praying…that the above, gives you a glimpse into the Heart God has for us, woman, daughters of the most high!

For more In Other Words, go here!!

7 comments:

  1. I am thankful to for being a woman. What a blessing! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said friend!
    I couldn't agree more.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please visit my site. I have an award for you.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please visit my site. I have an award for you.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for visiting me! Yes, God is good!ALL the time!!!
    Your post is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post. Thanks. I have a great post by Phillip Keller on the Proverbs 31 http://tinyurl.com/2g4e2b

    Thanks again for your prayers. This morning I posted an update on my valley to mountain journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Seasons Of My Heart and leaving a comment. Please know that my prayer is that your heart is blessed and encouraged today.