Wednesday, December 19, 2007


I saw this fun Meme on another blog. Enjoy!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping my gifts with beautiful bows, with cute little home made tags with pretty little Christmas floral sprigs. I do use gift bags, when it’s last minute.

2. Real tree or artificial? I grew up with an artificial tree and continue to use one today.

3. When do you put up your tree? We usually travel for Thanksgiving so I often put our tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving, so when we return…the house is ALL set.

4. When do you take the tree down? The first weekend after New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, I LOVE it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A homemade doll house that my parents made me.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, during the first year of my marriage, my Mom took me out to pick out a Nativity scene.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My Mom.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I cannot think of any.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas movie? I like The Christmas Shoes, The Nativity Story.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually do a little throughout the year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Wassail Hot Cider, Christmas cookies.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I’m a clear lights kinda gal.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I LOVE Breath of Heaven (by Amy grant) Light Your World, Silent Night, Hope is Born Again (Point of Grace). In fact, I LOVE all of Amy Grant, and Point of Grace Christmas music.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We are the only ones who live out of state, so each Christmas we travel back home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? As a family, we open our gifts the weekend before Christmas as we celebrate Christmas with my parents opening gifts on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Materialism. The older I get, the more my heart is drawn to the *simple* things. I LOVE to give/receive homemade gifts that are heartfelt.

23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? I don’t know if this is corny or not, but the Sunday night before Christmas we pile into the car…stop off at our favorite coffee shop to grab our favorite drinks, and then we drive through town looking at all the pretty lights and decorations.

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? I do NOT like the decoration where you see Santa kneeling at the manager. I just don’t like Santa being any part of Christmas.

25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? I like them both. Our tree has a theme…I use rapha, strings of red beads, snowmen, berry branches/twigs and grapevine wrapped around the tree. Very warm, country looking.

26. What does Christmas mean to you? For me Christmas means, that I’ve been given a priceless gift! To think that my God, would send his ONLY son…to this world knowing all along what he would face. At times, this is just TOO overwhelming to comprehend!! Realizing, that without a Christmas…we wouldn’t have an Easter to Celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Seasons Of My Heart and leaving a comment. Please know that my prayer is that your heart is blessed and encouraged today.