Thursday, December 6, 2007

To ~*~*~*CUTE~*~*~* not to share

How Martha Had A Mary Christmas-

By Nancy McGuirk


T’was weeks before Christmas, and in Martha’s house,
Everyone was stirring. . . even the mouse.
The calendar was packed with places to be.
Leaving no time to visit, or decorate the tree.

The children were adding ideas to their list
And Martha felt pressure to grant every wish.
So off in her car she dashed to the stores.
To battle the crowds and traffic galore.

Buy toys and ties, get ribbons and wrappings.
Hit Whole Foods for cider and all of the trappings.
To this store and that store, she hit every mall.

Now charge away, charge away, charge away all!

Off to the parties and programs she flew.
With Christmas approaching, there’s so much to do!
With headaches and tummy aches and calories galore
Now everything’s too tight that she bought at the store.

So she fell on the bed and stared at the ceiling
She realized this is not what should happen this season.
Why, what about my husband, my kids, or my parents?
Have I neglected my loved ones in the midst of this panic?

Now my sister, Mary, she knows what to do, She always said
Martha, “Christmas is not about you”Only ONE thing is needed-
and not all this fuss.
Just listen to Jesus, He loves you so much.
When out of my wondering mind did appear
A scripture I learned at bible study this year
“Put God’s kingdom first, that’s what you do,
And everything else will be added to you”

So I decided to change and got down on my knees
I begged God’s forgiveness, and asked how to please“Serve others,”
He said, “as if serving Me,”“And love them, as you’re loved,
unconditionally.”

So I rushed from my bed and got scriptures to share
So my family could start Christmas right this year.
And I thanked God for Jesus and my cross that He carried
And I knew Martha’s Christmas was soon to be “Mary”.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, that is absolutely fabulous, I just had a conversation so much like this with my SIL today. Thank you so much for posting this. Blessings, Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Seasons Of My Heart and leaving a comment. Please know that my prayer is that your heart is blessed and encouraged today.