Monday, January 21, 2019

In the crevice of the rock....

Moment by moment I continue to be in awe of how God works, moves and goes before me.  As 2019 began my heart felt that the word courage would be pivotal for my year as I stepping out in faith into all God has for me.  Josh 1:3-6 says, "wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you...No one will stand against you. I will not fail you or abandon you. Be strong and courageous."  A second verse I felt drawn too is found in Romans 12:12: "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and FAITHFUL in prayer."

Paul, in his writing of Romans has instructed us to BE joyful, patient and faithful.  Walking thru loss and grief, one might think these 3 words are utterly impossible, and in the natural, they are emotions that ARE impossible to conjure up.  Why would I want to chose to be joyful, or patient or faithful?   After all...my life and world have been rocked to the core.  Yet, for me as I continue on my faith journey, these 3 words are words that I MUST chose in order to find hope, healing and God's perfect plan and purpose in and thru my life.

As I've thought and prayed about the words JOYFUL, PATIENT and FAITHFUL, Jesus has taken me back to an Old Testament passage that I had hi-lited, underlined, and written notes about many, many years ago. I now find myself camping on Exodus 33:14-22 focusing on verses 19-22

"And He said, "I myself will make all my goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the Lord before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion.  But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and Live?  Then the Lord said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock; and it will come about, while my glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by."

I'm sure that some of you are like me, in the midst of the hard you wonder where God is?  Is he really working and moving behind the scene?  Does he have a plan?  Is there really purpose in my pain? When will the suffering stop?  When will I catch a break?  When will I have a reprieve? Will this ever end? Why am I going thru this?   Will I ever be happy, or whole, or ______________ fill-in the blank.

The challenge in our waiting is just that...'waiting'. Our human nature drives us to run ahead, make something happen if we aren't getting or seeing the result(s) we want.  Because of our need for instant gratification, we struggle with God's timing when it doesn't align with ours.  God's nature contradicts ours, he's longing for us to abide, to rest, to sit at his feet, being patient, often enduring long suffering...which results in growth. 
  
In the above passage found in Exodus, the Lord instructed Moses to stand near on the rock and the Lord said he would hide Moses in the crevice of the rock covering him with his hand until HE passed over.

The Lord is asking me (and perhaps you???) if I'm willing to hide in the crevice of the rock/his hand....as he shields, guides, protects and makes a perfect way for me thru my wilderness.  Yes, there are times I'm not sure of his plan as often it feels like he's silent and not doing anything.  BUT, God's word promised Moses, and the promise is true for me(and for you!!!)...that as I sit in his hand, allowing HIM to move and create a purpose from my pain and beauty from my ashes I'll KNOW when he's been there.

Often, I don't and won't see HIM coming.....(with his plan and purpose)....BUT, I will know when he's been there!  And I'm anchoring, and resting in this powerful promise.

So as I rest and wait in his hand...I'm resting in the promise that HE is the God of miracles...and I choose to trust him.  Because I know that my passage thru this life is fleeting, and the blessed hope of eternity with him forever is my greatest hope!


Click the link below to hear God of the Impossible!



Let faith arise in spite of what I see

Lord, I believe, but help my unbelief

I choose to trust You
No matter what I feel, let faith arise...
Let faith arise...

For my champion's not dead

He is alive...
Oh, and He already knows my every need
Surely, He will come and rescue me
God of miracles come...

We need Your supernatural love

To break through
Nothing's impossible...
You're the God of miracles...
Let faith arise...

And see the kingdom come

I lift my eyes...
Oh, for the battle has been won
My God is faithful...
Oh, and every single word He said is true, o-oh
God of Miracles come...

We need Your supernatural love

To break through
Nothing's impossible...
You're the God of Miracles, o-oh
This world is shaking but You cannot be shaken

My heart is breaking but I'm not broken yet

Your love is fearless...
Help me to be courageous too
Oh, there nothing impossible...































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Seasons Of My Heart and leaving a comment. Please know that my prayer is that your heart is blessed and encouraged today.